Gather your supplies:
- Citrasolv (I buy mine at alice.com)
- plain white tissue paper
- the laser-printed image of your choice (remember to reverse it if it has text!) …the image I used can be found here.
- a cotton swab (you know…a q-tip)
- hard work surface covered with a piece of cardboard
Transfer your image to tissue paper.
- Place your image ink side down onto tissue paper.
- Dampen one end of cotton swab with CITRASOLV. (you only need a little!)
- Cover entire image with CITRASOLV.
- Use the other end of swab to lightly rub the entire image until transferred to tissue.
Transfer tissue paper to candle.
- Cut out your image.
- Remove any protective covering from candle.
- Position image on candle, using straight pins to anchor.
- Grab your handy, dandy hair dryer.
- Using the high heat/low speed setting blow hot hair onto image.
- The image will magically melt into the candle.
- Remove the pins as the image starts to cling to the candle.
- Use your finger to smooth the image as it transfers…be careful…the candle may be hot!…you can also use a popsicle stick or old gift card to smooth the image.
Stand back and admire your personal piece of art.
Until next time….
Join the party at: